What makes us Different?
Rapid turnaround for our Patient Specific devices
Due to our patented algorithmic method, encapsulated in our proprietary software, 3DMorphic can design, manufacture and finish quality devices in under 5 days. The result: a patient specific implant for anyone who wants one.
As a result of our rapid turnaround and unique design and manufacturing method, our technology is scalable to the entire medical device market.
A better fit
3DMorphic devices just fit the anatomy better than an off-the-shelf implant. Benefits include:
– initial construct stability, leading to successful fusion and long term stable fixation
– better load sharing between anatomy and device, reducing stress hot-spots
– precise correction of spinal scoliosis and lordosis angles, to match the surgical plan
Shown here is the stress distribution in the device (left) and contacting endplate anatomy (right). Note the even distribution of low stress (green colours) in the endplate. Evidently, the increased contact area of the patient specific cage leads to lower stresses in the device and the patient’s anatomy.
Faster To Implant
Our patient-specific solutions reduce operating theatre times, reducing risk to the patient and saving significant cost. Operating theatre costs are ~AUD$150 / minute, so every minute counts.
No compromise on design features
3DMorphic devices offer a custom fit without compromise on other design aspects … cutting edge designs with the added bonus of a better fit.
Integral screw fixation increases construct stability, creating the conditions for successful bone fusion, as well as reduces the need for additional plating.
Virtual Surgery Planning
A Virtual Surgery Plan (VSP) is included with every case. These aid with:
– details of the planned scoliosis and lordosis correction that will be achieved by the implant
– surgical approach, including identification of critical vascular structures
– confirmation of final seating position of the implant
– screw trajectory and length
A tailor made implant deserves a tailor made surgical plan.
Pre-operative Virtual Surgery Planning (VSP) predicted x-ray images in sagittal (A) and coronal (B) planes for an L5-S1 ALIF device. C) sagittal plane and D) coronal plane intra-operative x-rays.