By René Dick
By F G Dimes,J. Ashurst
half one is an advent to the complexities and history background of stone conservation via the main complete description but produced of the construction and ornamental stones utilized in the British Isles.
In half , practitioners concerned about stone conservation describe ways that significant structural masonry difficulties, secondary construction difficulties and diverse stone floor stipulations can be handled. quite a few construction kinds and environments has been used to make sure that the vast scope of universal difficulties is roofed. This moment a part of the publication can be of useful worth to paintings historians, archaeologists, architects, surveyors and engineers, masonry contractors and sculpture conservators in fixing difficulties and in studying to exploit every one other's abilities and experience.
By Kevin S. Gildner
By Stefan Pichel
By A.V. Arutyunov
By Steve Santini,Wendy Teal
By Patti Polk
Designed with novices in brain, but jam-packed with helpful technical info for complex creditors, Collecting Rocks, gem stones and Minerals takes you from being simply an individual who appreciates rocks to a real "collector."
- Easy-to-use, quickly reference layout prepared through classification and colour of stone
- Covers either lapidary and mineral reveal materials
- Provides values and assistance for finding, paying for and collecting
- Includes organics similar to amber, bone, coral, pearl and shell
- Lists chemical team, approach, hardness, opacity, fracture, particular gravity and more
- Contains greater than 650 full-color photos
- Foreword through Johann Zenz, international well known agate specialist, writer and lecturer
By A. F. Robertson
Each doll has its personal identify, identification and "adoption certificate," like Shawna, "who has simply realized to stack blocks all by means of herself," and Bobby, whose "brown, handset eyes shine with mischief and little-boy plans." Exploring the nexus of feelings, intake and commodification they signify, A. F. Robertson tracks the increase of the porcelain collectible industry; interviews the ladies themselves; and visits their golf equipment, festivals and houses to appreciate what makes the dolls so irresistible.
Lifelike yet freakish; novelties that profess to be antiques; expensive kitsch: those dolls are the made from strong feelings and massive enterprise. Life Like Dolls pursues why middle-class, informed ladies obsessively acquire those dolls and what this phenomenon says approximately our culture.
By Igor Chudinovich
By Scott A. Travers
• the way to determine worthwhile cash which are hiding in pocket change
• Secrets of the way to grade, exchange, and protect cash just like the experts
• present developments within the coin industry and the way to benefit from buying and selling coins
• the main entire coin rate advisor out there today!